Welcome to Prof. Zhengwei Pan’s nanomaterials research group at the University of Georgia. Our group is interested in the synthesis of new classes of functional nanomaterials and nanostructures, with an emphasis on developing new synthetic methodologies that will enable the rational control of materials compositions, morphologies, properties and functionalities.
- Synthesis of nanowires by developing new synthetic approaches and new catalysts.
- Fabrication of rare-earth activated multicomponent nanowire and nanoparticles with new compositions, new lattice structures and new luminescent properties for warm white light LEDs and nanophotonics.
- Development of novel, solar radiation-activated, super-long lasting, near-infrared long-persistent phosphors as optical probes for in vivo bio-imaging and solar energy absorption in photovoltaics.
- Growth of carbon nanotubes and carbon nanotube-reinforced ceramic matrix composites for light-weight, high-strength and high-temperature applications.
- Synthesis of quantum dots and nanocrystals for biological labeling.