Welcome to Prof. Zhengwei Pan’s research group at the University of Georgia. Our group is interested in the discovery, synthesis, characterization and applications of novel functional materials.
National Science Foundation (NSF) highlight: “Warm white in LED lighting?”
· UGA Featured Research “Research lights the way for future of LEDs” http://www.uga.edu/about_uga/profile/research-lights-the-way-for-future-of-leds/
· UGA Today News: “UGA researchers invent new material for warm-white LEDs” http://news.uga.edu/releases/article/new-material-warm-white-leds-011813/
·EurekAlert: “UGA researchers invent new material for warm-white LEDs”
· Advanced Photon Source highlight: “A new material for warm-white LEDs” http://www.aps.anl.gov/Science/Highlights/Content/APS_SCIENCE_20130220.php
· Advanced Photon Source highlight: “New family of tiny crystals glow bright in LED lights”
· Oak Ridge National Laboratory News feature: “New family of tiny crystals glow bright in LED lights”
· Photonics: “LED Production Goes Bigger, Gets Better” http://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=54122
· Red&Black: “UGA scientists shine light on future of LEDs” http://www.redandblack.com/uganews/science_health/uga-scientists-shine-light-on-future-of-leds/article_64807bd2-70d7-11e2-950b-0019bb30f31a.html
· UGA Featured Research: “Seeing things in different light” (http://www.uga.edu/about_uga/profile/different-light/).
· UGA Today News: “UGA scientists invent long-lasting, near-infrared-emitting material” (http://news.uga.edu/releases/article/uga-scientists-invent-long-lasting-near-infrared-emitting-material/)
·Red & Black: “New near-infrared material could be implemented in military, medical field” (http://redandblack.com/2011/11/29/new-near-infrared-material-could-be-implemented-in-military-medical-fields/).
· EurekAlert: “UGA scientists invent long-lasting, near-infrared-emitting material” (http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-11/uog-usi111711.php)
· BBC News: “Long-lasting all-weather night-vision material unveiled” (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15824288)
· Walls Street Journal Blogs: “A glow-in-the-dark breakthrough” (http://blogs.wsj.com/ideas-market/2011/11/22/a-glow-in-the-dark-breakthrough/)
·Science Daily: “Long-lasting, near infrared-emitting material invented” (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111120134745.htm)
· Laser Focus World: “U. of Georgia research create near-IR phosphor that emits for weeks” (http://www.laserfocusworld.com/articles/2011/11/near-ir-phosphor-that-emits-for-weeks.html).
· Science 360: “Scientists invent long-lasting, near infrared-emitting material” (http://news.science360.gov/obj/story/20111121/)
· Dr. Pan received 2010 NSF Career Awards: “UGA Public Affire”
· The collaboration between Prof. Oliveri and Prof. Pan was reported in UGA Research Magazine: http://researchmagazine.uga.edu/aa/fall2008/worlds.php.
· News on NanoArt Show: “Inner Space”
· News on NanoArt Show: “Nanostructures Un-Structured”
· Report from Chemical & Engineering News about NanoArt Education: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/science/86/8647sci2.html
· Report from Scientific American about NanoArt Show: “Six Images of Nano-scale Worlds” (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=six-nano-worlds-oliveri)
· News from ORNL Reporter about user program: “HTML’s microscope magnifies collaboration in advanced materials research”, (http://www.ornl.gov/info/reporter/no103/sept08.pdf)
· News from DOE Pulse: “State-of-the-art microscope a lure for researchers” (http://www.ornl.gov/info/news/pulse/archive_issues/pulse_v270_08.html)